(SMUSP will no longer be offered from AY2017/18)
The prestigious SMU Scholarship, established in 2003, is available to outstanding newly admitted local and international undergraduates studying full-time at the Singapore Management University.
Up to 75 scholarships are awarded annually, each tenable for up to four years of the scholars’ studies, subject to outstanding academic performance and meeting the eligibility criteria each semester.
The SMU Scholars’ Programme comprises:
- Annual tuition fees for regular terms, ie semesters 1 and 2.
- Annual cash allowance of $5,000.
- A one-off grant for the purchase of a notebook computer from any of the University-appointed notebook vendors.
- An overseas study trip allowance for up to two trips with the destinations determined by the Centre for Scholars’ Development (CSD).
- All Scholars are required to undertake a compulsory local community involvement project as decided by the CSD, in addition to the compulsory community service requirement.
- No bond is required under the terms of this Scholarship.